I am trying to attach my photos. Elder Savage let me borrow his cord. Let´s pray it works!
Well family! It has been a wonderful first week here! So much has happened. Let´s see. Last Thursday, we went to a referral from the Ward Mission Leader. His name is Pimental. He is awesome! So he told us about this inactive family. So we stopped by. We met the lady, Nesau I think is how you spell it. She was nice. We met her daughter, Isabella. She is 9 years old. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and Isabella is getting baptized this Saturday! How awesome is that!
The language is hard. I still can barely understand anything. But every day it´s getting better and better. An experience I had was pretty amazing. It happened last Saturday: I was very discouraged in the morning about the language and I prayed and prayed and prayed, and that day I could understand better. I could speak better. Everything seemed better and brighter. Something felt different. I was praying that afternoon about the whys. Why is it hard? Why was I called here? Why is learning this language so hard and will I ever learn it? I remembered an old talk by Elder Holland. He said missionary work is so hard because the price that was paid was not a cheap experience. How amazing! But the Lord went further. That night, we were helping some members in an English Learning Class and the closing song (in English) was Nephi´s courage. It was an answer to my prayers. "Nephi was courageous, this was his reply, I will go, I will do, the things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way, He wants me to obey." I know that I was called here for a reason and not somewhere else. It´s like Nephi says, I can do all things if the Lord had commanded me.
I will never forget last Friday. Hahaha It rained ALL day. And here, when it rains.. it POURS. All I had was that umbrella Allie gave me. We went and met with the young men´s president. His name is Tute (Too-tay) He is so awesome. and he speaks English! He´s the one who teaches the English class. He took us out and bought us drinks and a snack and he paid for our bus ride. All three of us rode to a part of our area that is so far. It is more in the jungle. We were going to meet some investigators, but they couldn´t meet with us. So we visited some recent converts. They lived in a little shack. They had buckets on the floor to catch the rain. When we got there, we ended up having to stay for a while because the storm got really really bad. So we stayed there and chatted with the family. They were watching Willy Wonka in Portuguese. How funny?! They brought us bread and guarana. After it got better we walked around and Tute went and bought me an umbrella. He said the other one was too small. How sweet!
Then went to another house and they invited us in. We taught them about the restoration and they accepted to be baptized! They are getting baptized next week!
We also received a call about this guy who worked on the Curitiba temple when it was built. He started asking questions. Someone called our Mission president about it and he told his secretaties and they called us. we visited with his wife Saturday night. We found out that they had had some troubles, but are working them out. Last night we taught them about the restoration. Before and after, I kind of (attempted to talk) to the kids. They really liked it. I think they will be baptized. Oh how I love it here. Thank you for the prayers and the love. I love you all! Don´t stop believing!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment