Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Letter #83-"It´s Ja for Germany!"‏

Well my beloved family. I´ll explain why I put that as my title! hah!! This past week was fantastically amazing!!!! I don´t think I have ever worked so hard in my entire life. We taught 87 lessons and did like 430 contacts. The Open House for the Chapel in Bonsucesso was amazing! Really it was amazing! We taught a lot of people, but what was better is that we found a lot of wonderful people that were searching for the truth. It was a wonderful experience and I am so grateful that I was able to participate in the Open House. 


On Saturday, we had the beautiful dedication there. I don´t even remember how many people were there. I think like 400 people. It was so wonderful and very emotional for me. Let me tell you why:
About an hour before the dedication, President Cordon walked in and pointed to me and said he needed to talk to me. I thought it was about my temple recommend (I needed to get it renewed) I walked into the room and thanked him for being able to do the interview in all the hustle and bustle of the dedication and he said, "Oh yeah. Well, I need to talk to you about something else." My stomach dropped. "You have a new assignment." you know that face that President Monson does at the pulpit that makes everyone laugh. I felt like that face. "Your mission has been filled with new things. You are being transferred. You are going to train a new missionary. He´s from Germany." How awesome is that? On a scale of one to ten, family, that would be 1,000,000,000. Germans are awesome. President then informed me that he didn´t know how much English my companion would know and he informed me that he wouldn´t know hardly any Portuguese. You see, he had to learn English to be able to learn Portuguese. 


Then we participated in the dedication of the new chapel, which was awesome!!!! and we had 2 baptisms in our area after!!! In total there were 5 baptisms! (2 from me and Elder Gabriel, one from the branch and 2 from 2 other branches) It was super special. Henrique and Gustavo were baptized. I baptized Henrique and Gustavo was baptized by Elder Gabriel. It was so awesome. BRAND NEW BAPTISMAL FONT. 

The next day we had meetings in the brand new chapel. It was a dream. It was wonderfuL!!!!! After we had a BBQ at a member of the district presidency's house. Afterward, I told everyone goodbye. We went to Cenita and Clarinda. We went to Valdir and Zenilda´s house and we went to Henrique and Gustavo´s house. Gustavo cried a lot. I did too. But their mom, Rosimeri said she was going to get baptized. She is amazing and such an example to me. I loved it. We visited Pres. Paulo (branch pres.) and also Juliano and Franciele. Franciele is getting baptized at the end of this week. How awesome will it be!!!!!

Then I came home and packed up. I went to Curitiba that next morning. The first hour I was reading notes that people wrote me and I was crying. It was a weird feeling. I gave everything in that branch. So when I left, I felt like I was leaving a part of me behind. A part of me will always be in Guarapuava. The lady on the bus next to me kept looking at me. I started talking to her and I taught her the first lesson. hah.

In Curitiba I got my new companion!!! He is so awesome! He speaks English really well and he will soon be speaking Portuguese way better than me. Our area is called Quatro Barras. Which is right next to Timbú (where I started my mission) I already saw Tutei (do you remmeber him family- my friend?). It is neat. We spent the whole day cleaning. We have seen some miracles already (like arriving in our area without a problem.) This morning we bought some cleaning materials and were coming back to our house and a girl started shouting and running and came up to us and said that she had lived in Utah for a year with a Mormon family and loves the church but hasn´t been able to go here. So we told her where the church was and then we will baptize her. How great! I love you family! I am so grateful that we can be together forever, please pray for my new companion, Elder Schmidt. AND FOR US. I love you
com amor
elder askins

No comments:

Post a Comment