My dear family. I do love you so much!!!!!! We are in a hurry today because we have to catch the bus to go to Curitiba for the Zone Leader´s Council. Which is tomorrow.
Yesterday, we had interviews with President. It was so wonderful. I learn so much from him and he is so funny. He asked Elder Gabriel and I to give a training in the council tomorrow because our ZONE REACHED ITS GOAL!!! How awesome is that? But not as awesome as the fact that WE BAPTIZED THIS WEEKEND!!! In between sessions of conference!!! Which has always been a dream of mine. The Lord blessed us a ton.
So you remember Zenilda that was baptized 2 weeks ago? Well, we were teaching her husband as well, at the time that she was baptized, he wanted to wait a while before getting baptized. We worked and prayed and worked and prayed. Monday we did a division and I passed by with another missionary. I tried everything I could to get him to realize that he needed to be baptized (he knew that church was true and wanted to get baptized, but was just scared). He denied it. Tuesday we passed by again and we tried so hard to show him that he needed to get baptized. On Thursday, we returned and we started off the lesson normal. We were talking about the temple and about eternal families. Then we turned it over to baptism. He started talking, and we started listening. He said something that reminded me of 2 Nephi 31 (POWERFUL CHAPTER) and we went there. We read a few verses that the Spirit had lead us to and then I bore my testamony and I passed it to Elder Gabriel and he bore his testimony and the man inturrupted and said "Tocou, tocou" which means 'it touched'. He was pointing to his heart. He said "what you read and said just now is what I have been thinking about and talking to my wife about all day. I will get baptized this weekend." It was amazing. I almost cried. His wife was crying and so he was baptized on Saturday.
I LOVED CONFERENCE. Especially the Saturday sessions. ME and Allie picked Elder Scott (me and al have a little deal going on) but wasn´t that a fantastic talk by Elder Scott. I started pondering on it all day- which lead to a revelation that I received that night. I loved the talk by Elder Clayton as well. They used to say that the sun never set on the british empire, that empire has fallen long ago. but it can be said that the sun never sets on the empire of God and His church. We are the stone cut out from the mountain that Nebecanezer saw in his dream and then the talk by Elder Andersen. I will stop giving Allie a hard time about having children. because he said that it is a personal choice and we should not councel others on that. hah. and Elder Christoffersen´s talk on repentance. HOLY COW. What a wonder!!!! and then the Priesthood session!! oh man. Elder Holland!!!! He got up in all of our faces. Serve a mission and we will teach our family: "IN THIS HOUSE WE SERVE MISSIONS." Also Elder Waddell said something that impressed me, "The mission shouldn´t be the best 2 years of our lives but the best 2 years for our lives." And who didn´t love when the Prophet quoted the Beatles from the pulpit. I thought of you family.
Well, I love you all so much. We are just living the dream here in Guarapuava.
Look up 2 Nephi 27:23. What can´t we do?
God lived. Jesus is the Christ and He called prophets to lead us. They spoke to us! Remember what President Uchdorf said, we really are nothing compared to all the creations God made in the universe.. but we are everything to Him. He loves us.
Com Amor,
Elder Askins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment