Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Letter #58- "DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE LOVING SOMEONE THAT´S IN A RUSH TO THROW YOU AWAY?‏"

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE THE LAST ONE TO KNOW THE LOCK ON THE DOOR HAS CHANGED?"

Well, my family, I sure do love you. I cannot describe my feelings to you. 1 year ago exactly I left the CTM and I arrived in Curitiba. Can you believe how much happens in a year? In 525,600 minutes!? A lot has happened. I would never guess I would be where I am in a year. but a lot has happened.

A lot has happened in this past week. We have found a lot of new people and are being blessed a lot. Elder Elias got super sick. We got sick Wednesday night and was sick until about Monday morning. It was the longest days of my life. By far some of the hardest days in my life. It is over and done and now it´s better.

Things in the zone are going well. It was hard. 2 missionaries were assulted this week (don´t worry mom. it wasn´t me) and so I had to go help them one day. They have been transfered and they are opening a new area. We are super excited and so are they. Except that now 6 people are living in our little apartment but that is fine. We are moving great. Last night we taught a man who, I swear he has read Preach My Gospel. He knows more about prophets and the apostasy than I do. haha. We marked a date for 2 weeks. He will be baptized if he takes the time to humble himself and get an answer.

We also are teaching this less active family and her 2 teenage kids who will be baptized in 2 weeks as well. We are super super excited. We have a lot off big plans coming up. For the month of  June our zone´s baptizmal goal is 20. Pray for us that we can get this goal. I know it´s super possible.

Lastly, this past week I was studying my patriachal blessing, and I got the idea to read it as if I was doing all the things it counsels me to do and then I was able to judge myself at what I need to do better. It was a huge eye opener and a big help for me. Well, I´m at an hour. I sure do love you my family! I am so happy that we can be together forever someday!
Christ lives and loves us!
Don´t stop believing!
Com Amor,
-Elder Askins

No comments:

Post a Comment