"I´m sorry but I´m just thinking of the right words to say. I know they don´t sound the way I planned them to be but if you wait around awhile I´ll make you fall for me. I promise you. I promise you. I´m sorry but I´m just thinking of the right words to say. I know they don´t sound the way I planned them to be but if I had to walk the world I´d make you fall for me. I promise you, I promise you, I will."
Wow. I love that song. It is a great one! Well, I hope everything is going well in good old AZ. I heard about what happened in Japan. We really are in the last days. So we had an exciting week here on the coast. The same day that the tsunami hit Japan, we had heavy rains and flooding along the south-eastern coast of Brazil or in better words.. where I am. The road to Paranaguá and the ferry boat the guaratuba and the road to Curitiba were destroyed. The flooding was so bad in Paranaguá that they ran out of water and they are running out of food but things in Matinhos are fine. We just had A LOT of rain but no need to worry about me. I am fine. hahaha.
So Tiago´s baptism didn´t happen but we remarked for this weekend. So hopefully that will happen. He did some things that made it so he couldn´t be baptized. We had a very spiritual lesson with him. We passed by and I told him. "Do you believe the Book fo Mormon is true? that Joseph Smith is a true prophet? That this is the restored church? that Jesus is the Christ our Savior and Redeemer?" He answered yes to all the questions. I looked at him in the eyes and I said, "Then act like it!"
He felt something because he hasn´t smoked or drank since Sunday night when we had the meeting with him. He is a great kid. I enjoy being with him.
I would just like to share some studying that I did and things that I have learned. Read Acts 1-3 for a good read. I love it. It´s amazing. Look at the power that Peter had. I did some intense studying of those chapters for many reasons. One was because chapter 2 is what a lot of the church's that speak in weird tongues use to support speaking in weird tongues and they also use that to teach that you don´t have to be a member to receieve the gift of the holy ghost of that it doesn´t need to be by the laying on of hands. Read Chapter 2 of acts carefully. first thing you notice is that they were all grouped together and peter was leading the meeting (a clear indication that he was the Prophet of the church). then it talks about how the apostles got in front of everyone and that "they were filled with the holy ghost) They, the apostles were filled withthe holy ghost.. because they already receieved the gift of the holy ghost. and then they spoke in tongues. Who? If you read the whole chapter, you notice that THE APOSTLES were speaking in tongues. it says something like "Strange tongues" Not like in a blabbering sense.. but in languages they had never spoken before. so of course it was strange.. before 1 year ago.. portuguese was a weird language to me. then Peter gives a powerful discourse about Christ and the atonement. i was impressed witht he formula that he used to give his talk. (scriptures that the people knew and then explained and applied them to their lives) that it the same way that the apostles and prophets give talks today. wow! I loved that studying. well. i love you all so much, i hopeall is well in AZ. i love you!
Com Amor!Elder Askins



No comments:
Post a Comment