Saturday, September 18, 2010

Letter #20- Today, Is the Happiest Day of Her Life. I Should Be Happy For Her.

Well hello family! How is everything in North America! Wonderful Brazil is just great! A lot of things are happening! Just to start. I don´t know if I told Allie happy birthday last week. But Happy Birthday! I love you! And Aud, it´s your birthday next week! Happy early birthday! I love you!!!!

Many things have been happening here in good old Brazil. Yesterday was Brazil´s Nation Independance from Portugal. It is true, Brazil has a lot of national pride and it is just fantastic! Every year they have a huge old parade that walks down the main street of Curitiba and everyone is lined up waving a Brazilian flag shouting. Every year they ask the missionaries that are serving in the city to be in the parade. That means me! We got to go into the center of Curitiba (which is beautiful) and we marched! It was amazing! And as we marched down waving our Brazil flags the announcer guy shouted the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (well in Portuguese) and I got huge goose bumps as the whole crowd of the people cheered for us. As we got to the center part, they had stadium seats for people and I looked up and we saw the mayor or governor there and I saw President Cordon with his wife there and he was smiling his huge smile and giving up the big old thumbs up. It was great. You could tell when we passed by members because they would start cheering for us and it was great! Later yesterday, we did a division with another companionship and I got to stay with my good friend Elder Groom. We visited this one family and the boy says "Elder Askins! I saw you and Elder Duarte on TV" So I am kind of famous.

This week I have been a little sick. But no need to worry. 2 days ago I called Sister Cordon and she told me what to do and so now I am on the recovery. This week has been a little hard because of the holiday EVERYONE is traveling. Everything is closed. It´s been good though. This weekend is our ward´s activity. We are having a Night of Pizzas! YEAH!!!

I had a cool experience yesterday at lunch. We were eating with this member family that I just love. We were just talking about life and everything and the dad says, "We´ve had some strange elders pass through the areas, but we love you elder!" Hahah to me. That made me feel good because things in the ward are progressing forward. I love this work. I have seen in my mission that when we put the Lord first, He will help us in anything. I know that the church is true. God lives and Christ is our Savior.
Don´t Stop Believing!
-Elder Askins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment