Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letter # 7- You´ve Gotta Swim, Swim For You´re Life

Dear Family and Friends,                  
 
Oh how I love you all so much! It´s been an interesting week. I don´t know if i told you, but The International Director of all the MTCs was here last and we were able to hear from him. Elder Groom, my companion was actually in his ward back in Utah. It was pretty awesome. 
 
I don't have much time because the computer kept kicking me off when I would open up and send emails. It´s super annoying. I hope everyone back home is doing well! Thank you to everyone who has written me, especially Nanie and Lauren and Heidi! The letters were great! It was just what I needed. 
 
Yesterday (Monday) Our district decided to have an English Fast. Meaning we went the whole day without speaking English. It was super hard but really awesome. It was hard because I couldn´t express myself exactly how I wanted to, but I´m getting a lot better at listening and being able to speak. I liked it because it was hard, like doing the 70 mile bike ride. Even though I struggled through it so much, I made it through and I know for myself that I can do hard things. 
 
One Saturday, we had something called TRC. Which is where we go downstairs and they have native brazilians in a room. You knock on the door and they (speaking in portuguese) do a simulation of visiting an investigator. We showed up knowing that they had a problem and we had to figure out the porblem but getting to know them, then share a message from the Book of Mormon with them. All in Portuguese. You do this for 10 minutes, being filmed. After that, you watch the video and then a teacher corrects you and then you do it again. It was really fun. I loved it. 
 
Has anyone else received their mission calls? I´m sorry i don´t have much time. The weather here is beautiful. It´s getting very cold. Thnak you so much to the Broughs for the scarf! It is so great and awesome! I love it! Thanks to Allie too for the sweater. I love you all so much and I wish I had more time. But I have to get off. I can´t wait until I talk to you next week! I love you all so much!--- Elder Askins!!!

1 comment: